Code of Conduct
- Don’t be a fucking ass.
- Harassment of anyone is a huge no-no, for any reason. This means behavior which makes people feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or afraid.
- Anyone can report harassment. If you feel harassment is occurring at any of our events, come see one of our staff.
- If you see something, say something (to one of the staff). Assholery doesn’t just affect a few people, it affects everyone.
- Don’t break the fucking law.
- Our interest in information security often takes us into uncharted legal waters. If you feel iffy about where something stands legally, don’t do it.
- What you do in your own time is your own business, but please keep it clean at Platypus events. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
- Anyone can report illegal activity. If you see something, say something (to one of the staff), and we can help with reporting it to the relevant authorities.
- Say hi to each other.
- While we may disagree with one another on matters of technology, that doesn’t define who we are. Be nice to each other.
- Especially new people / first timers. Remember, everyone was new once, and our industry isn’t the most welcoming.
Everyone is expected to abide by these guidelines, from staff to first-timers. In cases where people are being made to feel uncomfortable or illegal behaviour is reported (and the behaviour doesn’t immediately stop), we reserve the right to remove participants from any Platypus event, or refuse entry, without refund.
Remember: this community belongs to all of us, and it’s what we make it :)